You do not have to invest a lot of money in expensive Christmas decorations. Just use your artistic eye, put extra love in the preparations and you will surely get the desired effect.
Here are some ideas.
• Cake holders and old plates can be used very simply and practically as ornaments for the Christmas festive meal. Just fill them with nice decoration, pine cones and fir tree coronets – everybody will love the overall effect. Old antique platters can also be used as serving platters for appetizers, mouthwatering honey baked ham, or smoked turkey. Using a variety of different china patterns is a beautiful way to add interest and beauty to your table.
• Another idea for decorating the Christmas dinner table can be the use of empty bottles left from drinks consumed during the year. The only condition is that bottles be transparent. Why? Because you will fill them with beads or small pieces of colored glass. A ribbon around the bottleneck and a twig of mistletoe will complement the whole picture very nicely.
• Even the unused jars can be a solution to embellish the Christmas table. Just decorate them with lace, ribbons and add candles inside. They will create a very enjoyable atmosphere.
• Choose a rustic approach: red towels, candles and baskets filled with apples, walnuts and fir branches. Simple and amazing!
• Use candlestick holders that support pine cones dyed in silver, instead of candles. For extra elegance, you can place them on a silver plate and complete the whole pictures with colored globes.